National Science Centre Delhi Entry Fee
- 70 per person
- 60 per person for Groups with more than 25 people
- 25 per person for organized school groups
- 10 per person for government school groups
National Science Centre Delhi Phone
Quick Facts about National Science Centre Delhi
National Science Centre Delhi Timings
|Monday||9:30 am – 6:00 pm|
|Tuesday||9:30 am – 6:00 pm|
|Wedesday||9:30 am – 6:00 pm|
|Thursday||9:30 am – 6:00 pm|
|Friday||9:30 am – 6:00 pm|
|Saturday||9:30 am – 6:00 pm|
|Sunday||9:30 am – 6:00 pm|
Rating: | 4 stars, of total 36 reviews
National Science Centre Delhi Address: Bhairon Marg, Near Gate No.1, Pragati Maidan, New Delhi, Delhi, 110001, India
Amongst the popular sightseeing places in Delhi, National Science Centre is one of the must-visit tourist attractions that invites people from different corners of the world to grab knowledge about science in a fun and attention-grabbing way. It’s like a dream castle for all who love science as well as for those who don’t.
Situated opposite the Old Bhairon Temple and just a few steps away from India Gate, National Science Centre was established in the year 1992 and has 4 different floors with each floor featuring many important galleries. These include the gallery of Human Biology, gallery of Technology, gallery of Heritage, gallery of Information Technology and Revolution, gallery of Fun Science, and gallery of Prehistoric Life.
From conducting lectures on science-related topics to holding various exhibitions and educational programs, National Science Centre has always been a pioneer in promoting science among all ages of people. Here you can also find a library along with a cafeteria where you can hog on your favorite food item in between the breaks.
What to do at the National Science Centre, Delhi?
- Be a part of the science fairs to nurture your creative and research-based skills. The Science Fairs are conducted to draw the attention of the young crowd who are good in mathematics/science or interested in taking their career ahead in engineering.
- Attend the sky-watching sessions in the Sky Observation Camp and experience what it feels like to observe the various constellations along with eclipses, meteor showers, and other celestial bodies through the telescope at night.
- Enjoy the various science shows organized by the center on an everyday basis for school students as well as for the general audience. These kinds of shows are designed to make science learning fun and interesting. Some of the popular topics a demonstrator explains are Kitchen Chemistry, Super Cold Show, Sound Show, etc.
- Celebrate important days like National Technology Day, World Health Day, World Population Day, Engineer’s Day, World Environment Day, World Telecommunication Day, and World Health Day at the National Science Centre to increase your knowledge about the commemorative days. Not only do these celebrations raise awareness among people but also encourage them to invite others as well.
Entry Fee and Timings of National Science Centre, Delhi
The entry fee to visit the National Science Centre in Delhi is INR 70 per person for general people. In case you’re traveling in a group of more than 25 people, you’ll need to pay INR 60 per head. For students from organized school groups, the charges are INR 25 per head and for government school goers, it costs INR 10 per head.
Coming to its timings, the National Science Centre remains open from 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM on all days except the festival of Holi and Diwali.
Travel Tips for National Science Centre, Delhi
- Make sure to have your tickets with you every time even after you’ve entered its gate. You never know when you need to show it to the authorities.
- Spare enough time whenever you’re planning a getaway to the National Science Centre. The reason is – it’s a huge place and will obviously be needing a good amount of your time.
- Always carry a water bottle with you to keep yourself hydrated all day long.
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes to enjoy your visit to the fullest.
- Try to park your vehicle in the available parking space provided by the center.
Best Time to Visit National Science Centre, Delhi
October to April is the period when it is considered ideal to pay a visit to the National Science Centre in Delhi. During this time, the weather remains pleasant, making it easy for you to explore its surroundings in your utmost comfort without worrying about the harsh warmth of the sun.
How to Reach the National Science Centre, Delhi?
In Delhi, there are several modes of transportation available for people of all ages. Depending on your holiday style and budget, you can choose from the following 3 options:
By Metro: Take a direct metro from the Indira Gandhi International Airport to Rajiv Chowk and then another metro from Rajiv Chowk to Pragati Maidan. After reaching there, you can enjoy a short stroll as it is only 1.2 km away.
By Bus: Another convenient way is via a local bus. Catch a state-owned bus outside the airport to reach your desired destination at pocket-friendly prices. For your ease, many private buses are also available at the airport for tourists to roam around and explore the popular sightseeing places in Delhi.
By Cab: Lastly, if you’re looking for extra comfort, choose to hire a rental taxi from Ola/Uber or simply go ahead with a private cab from the list of top car rental companies in Delhi. The National Science Centre is approximately 15 km away from the airport and it will take nearly 25 to 30 minutes to cover the required distance by cab.
The Capital City of India has much more to offer to its visitors than just a few tourist attractions. If interested and have time, you can plan your trip with our all-inclusive Delhi tour packages to explore the best of Delhi at your convenience.
We at Delhi Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA, offer a range of travel packages to address the varied needs of our diverse clientele. Our all-inclusive packages can also be customized as per your requirements. You just need to tell us your prerequisites. To know more about us, we request you to fill out the Contact Us form.